This is a day trip available from Medellín
Put simply, Santa Fé de Antioquia is arguably the most charming of Colombia’s many colonial towns. Located a beautiful 80km drive from the city of Medellín, Santa Fé de Antioquia isn’t just a show for the tourists, it is real working community and you will almost certainly see smallholders bringing their coffee, maize and beans to town in old fashioned chivas.
The town has beautiful colonial architecture, relaxed open spaces, friendly people and some thoroughly charming restaurants and open-air eateries.
A trip to Santa Fé de Antioquia is not complete without a visit to El Puente de Occidente, engineer José María Villa’s impressive 1895 suspension bridge crossing the Rio Cauca. The bridge was designated a Colombian national monument in 1978.
We arrange private transport from your hotel to Santa Fé de Antioquia to spend the day in Santa Fé de Antioquia. The town is warm and relaxing so consider asking us about a hotel pass to spend part of the day relaxing by a hotel pool, one of our favourite ways to wile away the hours in Santa Fé de Antioquia.
- Alongside El Peñón and Guatapé, Santa Fé de Antioquia is one of the must visit destinations from Medellín
- The journey to Santa Fé de Antioquia from Medellín now takes you through Colombia’s largest tunnel and makes the town extremely accessible.
- The town has some charming colonial hotels, ask us about spending a night or two there
- For the last word in relaxation, ask us about a day pass for one of the town’s hotels and spend part of the day by the pool
The price stated on this page is per person based on four people and includes the following
- Private transfer and Spanish speaking guide from your hotel to Santa Fé de Antioquia and onward travel to Puente de Occidente
- Add a night or two at one of the town’s great hotels
- Add a hotel pass to your day trip
- Let us know if you want us to organise an English speaking guide
Use our contact form to reserve your trip to Santa Fé de Antioquia