This day trip is available within the Coffee Zone
San Alberto is a Colombian high-end boutique coffee brand whose estate is located in Buenavista in the heart of the UNESCO protected coffee landscape.
The San Alberto coffee tour is the most technical and comprehensive “seedling to cup” coffee tour that we offer. It is the tour that we most frequently include in our extended tours of Colombia.
The San Alberto coffee tour also affords you the perfect opportunity to see why UNESCO protects these special landscapes. Rolling mountain slopes and coffee plants as far as the eye can see. Expect to see winding roads, crystal clear streams, exotic and colourful birds, and otherworldly flora on the roadside.
Expect to start your day at 8-9am. You will be picked up and taken to Pijao for a brief visit to the village. You will then be driven across The Andes in a 4×4 to Buenavista and San Alberto’s coffee estate.
Your expert guide will take walk you up to the nurseries initially to see the whole coffee process in chronological order. You will continue through the plantation until you get a chance to see their industrial processes and packing facilities.
After touring the coffee plantation you will be taken back to their laboratory for a highly technical coffee tasting. At the end of the tour you will have free time to enjoy a single lot coffee from San Alberto’s own café overlooking the Buenavista valley.
The tour last approximately half a day and can also be undertaken during the afternoon.
The Colombian Way will organise your private transport to pick you up from your hotel and take you to the reserve, afterwards we will return you to your hotel or finca.
Groups and private tours
San Alberto is normally a private tour ideally suited for 2 to 8 people, larger groups available on request.
- If you are on a quick tour through the coffee zone and want a thorough immersion in coffee, then this is the tour for you
- Coffee grows on the side of mountains, this tour involves some steep walks and a moderate level of fitness is required
- Consider making a full day of it. San Alberto is easily combined with a trip to the Botanical Garden and El Mariposario at Calarcá
The price stated on this page includes the following
- The price is based on a group of 4 persons
- Return private transport from your accommodation to San Alberto. Prices shown are for pick up from our own preferred fincas, or accommodation in Quimbaya, Salento and Filandia
- Entry to the plantation
- An expert bilingual coffee guide
Use our contact form to book your trip to San Alberto.