This is a day trip available from Armenia, Manizales, Pereira or one of our fincas or hotels in the Coffee Zone
Hacienda Recuca is the liveliest introduction to the world of coffee production and the lives of the cafeteros, the people of the Coffee Zone that have coffee coursing through their veins.
Recuca makes for a participative and caffeine-infused experience as their expert guides bring to life the culture of coffee. With demonstrations, the chance to pick your own coffee cherries and to dress up as a cafetero, it really is the caramel and cream topped frappuccino of coffee experiences.
Surrounded by beautiful vistas, authentic bamboo structures and the Willys jeeps that are so common to the area. You really will feel every bit the authentic cafetero.
We provide private return transport from your finca or hotel to Recuca. Your driver will wait for you whilst you enjoy all that the hacienda has to offer.
Your tour will take you through traditional dress and customs, on to coffee picking and processing, the chance to see a coffee picker’s cottage, to taste the final product and to have a refreshing break with a cup of aguapanela.
As with other Coffee Zone day trips, if you are staying in a working coffee finca then this tour can be timed to return at about 4pm to see the coffee processing activity when the workers return from the hills with the coffee cherries.
Hacienda Recuca is ideal for groups of up to 30 people and perfect for children. Groups of 4 people and upwards can readily be accommodated.
- Recuca will make you smile from start to end, it is arguably the best-fun introduction to coffee culture.
- You will be expected to roll up your sleeves, join in the fun and engage in role-play.
- Recuca’s coffee plantation enjoys spectacular views across a valley, a perfect photo opportunity.
The price stated on this page includes the following
- Price per person based on a group of 4 people
- Private return transport from your accommodation in the Coffee Zone
- Entrance to Recuca
- A typical Colombian lunch
Use our contact form to book your trip to Recuca